Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tandem Bike Ride

I've been taught my whole life to trust that things will work out how they are supposed to and not to stress about it. Just do my best and it will all be okay in the end. However, I don't think that is as easy as it sounds. I like to have control of my life and let myself determine where and how I fast I go.
A couple weeks in my institute class, we had a lesson about this. It was about learning to trust God that everything would work out. My teacher related it to riding a tandem bike with God. At first he lets us drive. We can go wherever we want and see who we want. We can travel as fast as we'd like and take any route. After a while, He asks if He can take over. He isn't very cautious and drives very quick and doesn't take very safe routes. He just keeps yelling back at you "Pedal! Pedal!" So you just keep on pedaling. Often He stops to visit people where you receive gifts, but you can't keep all the gifts because there isn't enough room, so you give them to other people you visit. He takes sharp corners and dodges many trees, but no matter however scared you get everything is always okay. He just yells at you, "Pedal!!!"
If there is only one thing I remember from this class, it is this comparison. There are so many times in my life when I am so confused about why things are happening the way they are and I don't know what to do. If I just remember to trust that things will always work out how they are supposed to and just keep "Pedalling" on!

No comments:

Post a Comment