Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Clutch Situations

This past weekend, I watched the 3A boys and girls state basketball games. It gave me an idea of what I could do for my next life lesson.
 I remember when I was younger, I would go into my driveway and practice foul shots over and over. I would make different scenarios, but all of them would include me playing for state and being at the line to win the game. Even in high school about 4 times a week, I would still practice the screaming fans, riled up coaches, being exhausted physically and mentally... all of it!
 Well when one of my scenarios actually came true, my mom was in the stands about to have a heart attack. She thought it was too much pressure to put on a 18 year old girl. My brothers turned to her and said, "Mom! She's fine!! Think of all the times she was in the driveway practicing this exact shot and what it would be like. She's waited for this day as long as she can remember." 
In life, we are often thrown crazy and intimidating balls our way. If we aren't prepared for the worst or the scariest, we could choke and lose all we had ever wanted. We need to keep a mentality that we can handle whatever comes our way and be prepared. Don't think everything will come easy and you'll win without ever putting up a fight. So when that day comes, you can be ready to take it on and receive the "trophy" in the end. As a wise friend once told me. . . "It is how you handle to "ball" in "clutch" situations that separates the good from the great!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment